Friday, May 16, 2008

Angela's Portraits


Well as far as exciting goes, this session takes the cake! It started out pretty cold in downtown Logansport. We got some good shots then moved into an alley for a few more. The alley was funnelling the wind and speeding it up to what felt like 200mph. It sort of wreaked havoc on my camera and Angela's hair. Just as we were finishing up, it started to sprinkle. Not a huge issue, but I've never gotten a flash wet before and I was worried about the safety issues that might pose. We decided to drive to some railroad tracks for a few more pictures. When we arrived we found 2 trains parked on the tracks idling and a third train barreling down on us from about 2 miles away. Angela showed no fear and hopped up on the tracks and started posing. I kept 1 eye on the moving headlight and 1 eye in my viewfinder at all times and the whole time my heart was racing. We weren't on a bridge or anything, all we had to do was step back 2 feet and we'd be fine, but there was something about being in front of a moving locomotive that just left me unsettled. I think we took about 8 shots when we heard a voice say "Ok, you got your shots, move away from the tracks NOW." We did and I was relieved. To say the least.

No comments: